Thursday, April 12, 2012

MTTD #34


NOTE: OK, before anyone starts to panic, this post is very vague. (I do have some intelligence left.) Besides, I really don’t think anyone reads this but me, so I can say something really silly like "Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo" over and over again down an entire page or something really ignorant like starting a post about my political stance and a debate topic and no one would EVER know! haha Now with that being said, I believe I will go ahead and begin my rambling session... ;)
 
So it is getting close to time for us to go to MTTD #34 (Middle Tennessee Tres Dias). I am getting so excited gearing up for all that I know God is going to do for these men and women. This has come full circle for me as I can remember where Lee and I were this time last year as God was preparing us and the enemy was attacking us before our weekend. So much has changed and happened in the last year.

Last winter coming into spring, we were living with my mom and step-dad. All four of us! It wasn’t all bad. We made some great memories while we were there and my kids are closer to their MiMi and PaPa because of it, which I didn’t think was even possible. It really strengthened my relationship with my mother being back in her house and it sparked a deeper level of mother/son kind of love between Lee and my mom as well. It wasn’t without it’s fair share of adversities though. Lee and I were in a trying time in our marriage and as close as we have always been, the enemy was attacking us in overdrive.
 
Lee started a graphics business about four years ago and while it has continuously grown with each year, it hasn’t been enough to support a young family. This has produced a great hook for the enemy to find his way into our lives. Needless to say, there were some deep debates that we went through last year and things were getting pretty rocky between us. I don’t know why, but I always forget that whenever the enemy is attacking you hard like that, it usually means that God has something great in store for you which is really just steaming the enemy up. So in turn he is going to throw his best at you to try and deter you away from what God has in store. I’m ashamed to say that this time, it almost worked. Thankfully though, God’s timing is always perfect!
 
God placed MTTD right into our laps at just the right moment and time in our lives. Lee and I agreed to go just because it was a weekend away. We didn’t ask questions or have to be urged at all. I think we even said yes before the first sentence was finished when we were asked. We had no idea what we were in store for or what we agreed to, but I am so very thankful that we went! It completely changed our entire lives! Our perspective, our marriage, and most importantly our walk with the Lord. It was one of the best decisions we have ever made!
 
Now that it is that time again and we are getting closer to the upcoming weekend, the excitement and anticipation of all the God has in store is such a thrill! I love this community; this ministry. I love all that it does and has done. I love it so much that I can’t wait to share it with other people and watch God change their lives. Lee and I have prayed about if and who to give this gift to with each upcoming weekend. God has laid a very precious lady on my heart and I am so excited to share this with her. I know that God has been preparing her for this blessing for a while now and I am eager to watch it bloom! I don’t yet know if she will be able to go to this weekend as there is a lot going on in her life right now, but I do know that God has started a stirring in her that is exciting to watch! Every time I think about all the blessings that God has in store for her and that she will receive on her weekend, I just get giddy with anticipation! I know that if she is supposed to be there for this weekend, that God will work all the details out, but I also know that the enemy likes to try and distract us and deter us any way he can.
 
I pray that she is able to go and that she can receive all the blessings that God has for her, but at the same time I don’t want her to feel pressured or have anxiety in any way about when she goes. I want her to go with an open and ready heart. With the peace and comfort of knowing that God is in control, not her or I. So if you are reading this, then please be in prayer with me about her possible attendance for the upcoming weekend and whether or not she is supposed to be there this weekend or if she is supposed to wait for the next one. Also be in prayer as God opens and shuts doors and protects and guards her against the enemy during the time before and the time after her weekend, whenever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment